What can I do?
STAY VIGILANT – COUNTY IS APPOACHING HOMEOWNERS
January 30, 2015 7:41AM
- At the January 14, 2015 B&G meeting Mr. Churchill said he has approval to approach landowners off runway 23 whose trees were identified as FAA obstructions, causing lost night time approaches.
VOTE ON MASTER PLAN PROPOSALS POSTPONED UNTIL SEPTEMBER
August 11, 2014 5:00PM
RESCHEDULED - Next Building and Grounds meeting scheduled for September 8, 2014 @ 3PM
At the August 11, 2014 B&G meeting Supervisor Dan Lewza asked for a vote to be postponed until September after the committee members had a chance to review the latest draft. For a complete synopsis of the August 11th meeting, please visit the following link.
- It’s been said, “The easements to be pursued on the four runway ends are needed to be in 100% compliance with the FAA.” – There is no airport that is 100% compliant and it’s not realistic to think this is possible.
- The pursuing of easements is to obtain funding from the FAA. Without funding, Saratoga County is not going to fit the bill for “inside the fence” improvements; especially when the return on their dollar (our tax payer dollars) does not a cost effective make.
- Saratoga County owns the airport and they can decide what the airport truly needs. However, it’s important the residents and voters help Saratoga County make the right decisions.
STAY FOCUSED AND REVIEW REMAINING PROPOSALS
July 9, 2014 10:36AM
RESCHEDULED - As a reminder there will be a committee meeting August 11, 2014 to discuss/vote on the remaining airport alternatives.
We have received a draft copy of a presentation prepared by McFarland Johnson and we were surprised to see the last five pages contain the title “Easements to be pursued”. McFarland Johnson claims there are still obstructions to be cleared to lift a night time fight ban currently imposed on the Saratoga County Airport.
We are seeking the following formation:
- Is there really a night time flight ban imposed on the Saratoga Count Airport?
- Who is seeking night time flights and is this required at our airport?
- How are obstructions identified?
- What rights do we have as residents to protects our homes and quality of life from emanate domain?
RESOLUTION 44 – 10 (Page 12) – DECLARING A PUBLIC NECESSITY RELATIVE TO THE REMOVAL OF FLIGHT HAZARDS AND THE ACQUISITION OF AN AVIGATION EASEMENT OVER 8 WYNDHAM WAY IN THE TOWN OF MILTON
STAY FOCUSED AND REVIEW REMAINING PROPOSALS
June 21, 2014 10:36AM
CANCELLED - As a reminder there will be a committee meeting July 7th to discuss/vote on the remaining airport alternatives.
It is our responsibility to familiarize ourselves with these alternatives. If you haven’t done so already, we urge you to review the materials presented by MJ on May 20th and again on June 9th. We are adding more documents and material as it becomes available.
Key topics for review are as follows:
Landside Alternatives (1-3)
Taxiway Alternatives (1-3)
Glider Alternatives (1-2)
As always, thank you for getting involved and for sharing any information you might have.
WE DECLARE OUR FISRT VICTORY
June 9, 2014 4:30PM
Our all important June 9th Building and Grounds committee meeting has come and gone and we are happy to inform all of you, our supporters, we can declare victory on our initial campaign to STOP the Saratoga County airport expansion.
There was a unanimous vote across 6 committee members to remove all runway expansion proposals, land acquisitions and easements from the proposals. In addition to this vote, the committee has asked for further review of the landside, taxiway and glider alternatives proposals, to ensure they don’t have a hidden agenda that would violate our civil rights or encroach beyond the current fence line bordering the airport.
We whole-heartedly, send our thanks to you. We appreciate you getting involved, for having a voice and for wanting to use it. We have clearly demonstrated when we band together with a common goal, we won’t be ignored and we will succeed.
How can you continue to help?
We can’t stress enough how important it is to contact the committee members and the media. These sources will help us get the word out and the facts straight. Please do not hesitate to do this. If you are reading this, please click the links below to sign our petition and to send emails to the committee members and news. Every signature and email will significantly help our efforts.
Committee and News Contacts:
Like us, share and post often on our FaceBook page http://www.facebook.com/stopairport
Do you tweet? We do at #stopairport